The perfect brunch dish, this slow cooker french toast recipe can be ready in just a few hours with a few basic ingredients.
Who doesn’t love French toast? Well, this one is even better because it’s made in the slow cooker!
- 1 loaf gluten free bread
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter, or substitute
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar, butter and 2 tsp cinnamon together.
- In another bowl mix eggs, milk, sugar and remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon together.
- Place half of the bread in a layer in slow cooker.
- Pour half of sugar mixture over top.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5.
- Then pour egg mixture over everything.
- Cook for 4 hours on LOW.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 569 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 443mg Sodium: 434mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 35g Protein: 18g
You could also try cooking the French toast for 8 hours overnight on warm if your slow cooker has that option. But be careful with this, it’s easy to burn it this way! Test with your slow cooker to see if it works.
Have you ever made slow cooker French toast? Don’t you think it would make a great brunch dish for Christmas or Easter morning?