The perfect brunch dish, this slow cooker french toast recipe can be ready in just a few hours with a few basic ingredients.
Who doesn't love French toast? Well, this one is even better because it's made in the slow cooker!
Gluten Free Slow Cooker French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf gluten free bread
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter or substitute
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar, butter and 2 tsp cinnamon together.
- In another bowl mix eggs, milk, sugar and remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon together.
- Place half of the bread in a layer in slow cooker.
- Pour half of sugar mixture over top.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5.
- Then pour egg mixture over everything.
- Cook for 4 hours on LOW.
You could also try cooking the French toast for 8 hours overnight on warm if your slow cooker has that option. But be careful with this, it's easy to burn it this way! Test with your slow cooker to see if it works.
Have you ever made slow cooker French toast? Don't you think it would make a great brunch dish for Christmas or Easter morning?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Sign up for our newsletters to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!