Made with rice flour this gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe is perfect for fall! Have it as a snack on the go, or warmed with butter at breakfast.
I did a lot of baking last week. Hence the Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe I shared on Friday. I like to bake in big batches – and make just one big kitchen mess instead of lots of little ones. Anyway, since it’s now officially fall – and all things pumpkin abound – I thought it would be fun to whip up some gluten free pumpkin muffins. You know while I was messing up the kitchen anyway.
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp crushed cloves
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or butter substitute, I used Becel Vegan
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree, not pie filling! OR 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter (or substitute) or cool and wrap for freezing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
HOT TIP: For easy gluten free baking, I prefer to use white rice flour and tapioca starch mixed to about 70/30 or 75/25 ratio. It just seems to work well.
The good news is even the kids in our house who don’t need to be gluten-free loved these pumpkin muffins.