In this post: Perfect for a quick breakfast or a light snack, these apple cinnamon muffins are gluten-free.
These apple cinnamon muffins are gluten-free. They’re also free of nuts and dairy (if you use milk and butter substitutes), so pretty much anyone can enjoy them.
- 1 large apple, grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg, optional
- 2 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup butter substitute of choice, melted
- 2 tbsp apple sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups.
- Combine grated apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Stir to coat. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, brown and white sugars in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Beat eggs with milk and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and combine until blended.
- Stir in apple mixture.
- Optional: Add apple sauce if mixture seems too dry or too sticky.
- Spoon muffin mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-35 minutes, removing when browned or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on racks.
Serve warm or freeze for later.
Serve warm with butter or let cool completely and freeze for later.