Perfect for a quick breakfast or a light snack, these apple cinnamon muffins are gluten free.
These apple cinnamon muffins are gluten free. They’re also free of nuts and dairy (if you use milk and butter substitutes), so pretty much anyone can enjoy them.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Gluten Free)
- 1 large apple grated
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg optional
- 2 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup butter substitute of choice melted
- 2 tbsp apple sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups.
- Combine grated apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Stir to coat. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, brown and white sugars in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Beat eggs with milk and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and combine until blended.
- Stir in apple mixture.
- Optional: Add apple sauce if mixture seems too dry or too sticky.
- Spoon muffin mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-35 minutes, removing when browned or a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on racks.
Serve warm with butter or let cool completely and freeze for later.
Are you a fan of muffins? Do you batch bake and freeze some for later?