These egg muffins are super versatile. You can make them with just one or two additions or chock full of veggies & meat! They can even be frozen for later!
I’m not much of a breakfast person. Probably because I don’t want to take the time to make it. I just want to get on with my day. But these egg muffins make it super easy – especially if you make them ahead of time and freeze them!
And if you’re on a diet, cutting back on saturated fats or dealing with gallbladder issues, you can make them from egg whites for a lighter version too!
Basic Egg Muffins:
- 12 eggs or equivalent egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
Choose Your Own Ingredients (1-2 tbsp each muffin):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and water in a bowl.
- Pour evenly into greased 12 muffin tray.
- Add 1-2 tbsp veggies to each muffin as desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Serve warm with ketchup, salsa, salt & pepper, hot sauce or just plain!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 131 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 195mg Sodium: 201mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 10g
Egg muffins can even be cooked, cooled and frozen for later!
Now that’s a breakfast food I can get behind!