Table of Contents
Fresh flowers can add up week after week, but no one wants ugly faux flowers either. The compromise? This DIY Faux Floral Arrangement with realistic looking blooms!
This post sponsored by Michaels, but all opinions are our own. Please see our disclosures for more info.
Finally decorate your own home – with confidence!
You’re so much closer to a beautifully-decorated home than you think. You just need a little help to get there!
I’m all for buying and displaying real flowers in the house.
After all, they are SO PRETTY! But even grocery store blooms can add up week after week, which is why I really like to keep at least a two or three faux floral arrangements around too.
This DIY faux floral arrangement that I created with faux water has been moved around the house (both our last house and this one actually) and more than made up for the initial cost.
Because I use and love that DIY arrangement so much, when I found out that Michaels was getting MORE flowers in their Floral Market, I dreamed up a new DIY faux floral arrangement – that you can recreate for your house too!
DIY Faux Floral Arrangement
- crate or box (we used a table box/trough/crate we made a couple of years ago)
- floral foam
- 3-4 faux floral stems
- 1-2 greenery stems
- wire cutters or tin snips (or VERY strong scissors)
- floral wire (optional)
1. Arrange floral foam in your crate or box.
2. Cut flowers from each floral bundle as low as possible on each stem.
3. Starting with the largest flowers first, begin arranging the flowers by sticking their stems into the floral foam. (By starting with the largest first you can spread them out and see where you need to fill in with smaller flowers and greenery.)
4. Continue to add your stems from largest to smallest. Use floral wire if necessary on floppier stems.
5. Fill in gaps with greenery to finish the DIY faux floral arrangement.
More Spring Floral Projects
Want more spring faux floral goodness? Check out these fun spring craft posts:
- Floral Boho Spring Hoop Wreath
- DIY Faux Floral Arrangement: Feminine Yet Rustic Crate
- DIY Faux Floral Arrangement with Fake Water
After I finished the arrangement, I moved it to the makeshift sofa table (a board resting on two stools, covered by a long homemade table runner) in the living room, which was its intended home.
While I do love fresh flowers – especially in the late winter and early spring when it’s super grey outside – I absolutely love to keep faux florals around too. Realistic faux florals can be a bit pricey, but the flip side is you only have to buy them once!
Michaels has over 1,800 blooms & greenery in their new Flower Market, including trendy succulents and real-touch flowers. Looking for more inspiration? Make sure you visit Michaels’ blog, The Glue String, to see the rest of the Michaels Makers’ spring floral project ideas.