In this post: Easy to create with just a few supplies these embroidery hoop orbs make great statement pieces! No tools needed. Stain them any color your like.
There’s nothing new under the sun. A wise king named Solomon penned these words years ago. And he was absolutely right. Just when we think we’ve come up with something new – a quick Google search will tell us differently. Such is the case with these embroidery hoop orbs!
I’ve long-loved the industrial look of wood or metal orbs. We have one out on the patio coffee table that’s made of metal. But even one picked up at Target can come with a price tag that is a little steep for such a simple piece.
Wooden embroidery hoops on the other hand are rather inexpensive. And these embroidery hoop orbs are quite easy to make.
Make your own embroidery hoop orbs
- 2 embroidery hoops (per orb)
- lint free rag or foam brush
- Minwax Dark Walnut Stain (the marker version works well for this project!)
1. Disassemble each embroidery hoop.
2. Using an old rag (or a foam brush) stain all surfaces of each embroidery hoop piece. Let dry.
For a step-by-step tutorial on how to stain wood, check out this post.
3. Slide pieces together to form an orb as shown below. Tighten hoop screws as needed.
4. Find a place to display and enjoy!