Love the look of all the table box wood centerpieces that are everywhere? Here's how to make your own!
A wood box centerpiece is a modern country/fixer upper way to display a variety of flowers and greenery (both faux and fresh) as a centerpiece. We've been using ours since Dean made it in fall 2013 and it's held many things on three of our dining room tables as well as the sofa table at our newest house. Since ours gets so much use, we thought we should show you how to make a table box or DIY wood box centerpiece of your own.
How to Make a Table Box
One of the bonuses of this DIY Wood Box Centerpiece, is that it's SUPER simple to make.
- Two 1 inch x 6 inch x 8 feet (or 2 – 1 inch x 6 inch x 6 feet if available)
- Nail gun and 1 inch nails
- Tape measure
- Palm sander
- Paint or stain of your choice (we used Minwax Dark Walnut)
- Foam brush
- Lint-free rags
- Two drawer pulls (we used half cup pulls similar to these, but you can use whatever you like!)
- Screws for drawer pulls (if they didn't come with the drawer pulls)
- 3 – 1 inch x 6 inch x 35 inch (for the sides and bottom)
- 2 – 1 inch x 6 inches x 7 inches (for the ends)
1. Measure and cut all your 1×6's to size, using the cut list above.
2. Sand each piece, before assembly. (Once assembled it may be tricky to get into the inside corners, etc.)
3. Using the nail gun, put your table box together, one piece at a time. You could start by attaching all four sides together and then add the bottom (it fits inside the ‘box'). Or you could affix each of the sides to the bottom and work your way around that way. It doesn't really matter – do whichever you find easiest.
4. Drill holes to fit your drawer pulls, and attach them to each end of the table box.
5. Add your flowers or greenery and away you go!
What do you think – simple enough, yes?! Might you want to make one of your own?
P.S. If you like, this project you may like our Mini Crate with Catalog Pull too!
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!