This simple sausage paella recipe is easy to make and saves on dishes because it can be made entirely in one pan! Perfect for busy weeknights!
I love one pan meals! I mean, really, we can’t be the only ones who have more dishes dirty every single day than room in the dishwasher?! And this simple sausage paella is so delicious, the whole one pan thing is just a bonus!
Paella technically means ‘leftovers’. So you could easily replace the veggies, sausages and/or the rice with leftovers and just reduce the cooking time of this sausage paella accordingly.
Either way, this dish is sure to please. And with only one pan, even the cook will be happy!
Simple Sausage Paella
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 full size or 10 mini breakfast sized pre-cooked turkey sausages sliced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Caribbean or Mediterranean seasoning to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas optional
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup water
- sea salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add sliced sausages. Cook until heated through.
- Add onion, spices and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, water and vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat. Cover and simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
You could always leave out the peas like I did if your family doesn’t favor them. And if you have a strong preference you could even substitute the yellow pepper for any of the other colors of bell pepper.
Do you have a sausage paella recipe that you like to make? What are you favorite one pan meals?