One of our fab contributors, Kristi, is showing you how to make this 30 Minute DIY Blanket Ladder! Similar to our own blanket ladder, but a bit different!
Hello! Kristi here from Making it in the Mountains and I'm SO excited to be back sharing this 30 Minute Blanket Ladder with y'all today!!!
The story of this Blanket Ladder starts where most great DIY stories start … shopping one of my favourite antique stores. You see, as I was wandering around the shop, I came across this perfect vintage ladder (see it there in the back?) and instantly thought: blanket storage!
Then I discovered the $120 price tag, my eyes most definitely popped out of my head and well, you can probably guess the rest. Obviously, I left that lovely little vintage ladder behind knowing I could make it myself for less than $20.
And so, the very next day I did.
DIY Blanket Ladder
- Two 2 by 4's, each cut to 7 feet long
- One 8 foot 2 by 4, cut into 5 pieces, each 18 inches long
- Measuring tape
- Finishing Nails
- Minwax Provincial or other wood stain
- Lint Free Rags
1. I started by cutting down two 2×4's to 7′ long. I also chopped up a couple of 1×4's, making five 18″ long pieces. (You could have these cut at Lowe's or The Home Depot.)
2. Laying my 2×4's on their sides, I set my 1×4's across the tops, spacing them all about one foot apart.
3. Then, it was simply a matter of nailing through the front of the 1×4's on each end, straight through into the 2×4's.
4. After a quick sand along the rough edges, I added a coat of Minwax stain in Provincial. I left it sit for few minutes before wiping off the excess with a lint free rag.
Who knew something so quick to make could be so perfect?! It really does make for the most lovely way to store those extra blankets.
I absolutely love the look of it just tucked into the corner of our bedroom and I cannot wait to get it all filled up with pretty blankets!
Wishing you SUCH a lovely day!
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!