Basic savory wieners and beans – quick, easy and comforting.
Okay, so this is not a glamorous dish. It’s mostly suited to camping or sitting around a roaring fire. Maybe even a quick lunch at home. My dad used to make this for me sometimes. But this savory wieners and beans recipe made with canned brown beans in tomato sauce is:
- full of protein – beans and tuna are the most popular canned proteins
- filling – protein helps you feel fuller longer
- easy to make – my 12 year old actually made the wieners and beans for this post (she kinda rocks!)
Wieners and Beans
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Wieners and beans - quick, easy and comforting.
- 2 398 mL cans of brown beans in tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 4 wieners/hot dogs
- 2 cups water
- Place beans in medium stock pot. Add mustard and garlic powder (optional). Heat through.
- Meanwhile, place wieners/hot dogs in pot of water. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Let wieners cool and then slice into bite-sized pieces. Add to beans.
- Serve warm either alone or with bread or rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 13gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
Do you like wieners and beans? Do you have any favorite quick and easy food recipes?