Basic savory wieners and beans – quick, easy and comforting.
Okay, so this is not a glamorous dish. It’s mostly suited to camping or sitting around a roaring fire. Maybe even a quick lunch at home. My dad used to make this for me sometimes. But this savory wieners and beans recipe made with canned brown beans in tomato sauce is:
- full of protein – beans and tuna are the most popular canned proteins
- filling – protein helps you feel fuller longer
- easy to make – my 12 year old actually made the wieners and beans for this post (she kinda rocks!)
- 2 398 mL cans of brown beans in tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 4 wieners/hot dogs
- 2 cups water
- Place beans in medium stock pot. Add mustard and garlic powder (optional). Heat through.
- Meanwhile, place wieners/hot dogs in pot of water. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Let wieners cool and then slice into bite-sized pieces. Add to beans.
- Serve warm either alone or with bread or rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 166mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 13g Sugar: 2g Protein: 13g
Do you like wieners and beans? Do you have any favorite quick and easy food recipes?