Inspired by a nearly empty pantry and Mexican and Thai food, this rice and beans dish is both quick and delicious!
Have you ever needed to whip up dinner in a hurry with nothing left in the pantry except some rice and beans and odds & ends?
This quick rice and beans recipe is perfect for just that occasion!
- 1 cup dry rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- salt to taste
- grated cheese or cheese substitute, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. I like to use a Pampered Chef microwave rice cooker.
- Measure coconut milk into a glass measuring cup. Add curry paste and salt. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan at medium heat, saute olive oil (optional), onion and pepper. Turn heat to low and add beans.
- Add cooked rice and coconut mixture. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Serve garnished with grated cheese or cheese substitute if desired.
Next time you need a meal in a hurry, remember this Quick Rice and Beans recipe!