A classic hot toddy recipe for a cold day or – as my mother-in-law likes it – when you have a cold! You can substitute rye for rum if desired.
Baby, it’s cold outside! Brrr. I don’t know about you, but when it’s cold I love me a warm drink to get feeling all warm and toasty again. This classic hot toddy recipe is sure to warm your insides – and it’s even said to help relieve coughs and colds.
This hot toddy is for adults only of course!
Classic Hot Toddy
- 1-2 oz rye whiskey or rum
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup hot water
- lemon slice and cinnamon stick garnish, optional
- Place rye or rum in mug.
- Add lemon juice and honey.
- Pour hot water (I used water boiled in the kettle) over top and stir.
- Serve with lemon slice and cinnamon stick as garnish if desired.
Do you have a favorite cold-weather drink? What about a cough and cold remedy?