Fall is the perfect time to enjoy piping hot lattes. Here’s how to make Dunkin’ Donuts® Spiced Vanilla Latte at home with no fancy equipment!
This post is sponsored by © the J.M. Smucker Company. All opinions are my own.
Given how much I adore coffee now, people always find it hard to believe that I only began drinking it a few years ago. Alas, it’s true. My coffee consumption is fairly new and I can be a bit of a ‘coffee snob’. But I prefer a little bit of extra flavor with my coffee.
I have found I really love all sorts of coffee beverages, including macchiatos (where the espresso/coffee is added last and leaves a mark in the foamy milk), mochas (coffee/espresso and milk with chocolate added) and lattes (coffee/espresso and plenty of milk with foam for decoration). The coffee has to be good and strong though, even when it’s in a latte or other milky drink.
It should be noted, I suppose, that I don’t actually drink regular milk, but rather non-dairy substitutes. And I prefer to make my coffee drinks at home. Which brings me to this recipe…How to Make a Spiced Vanilla Latte at Home.
Spiced Vanilla Lattes are the perfect fall beverage because they are filled with hot coffee and steamed milk and are served piping hot. They can be sipped plain with your early morning breakfast for a quick and delicious pick me up. Or dressed up with cinnamon, vanilla syrup and a dollop of whipped cream for an almost dessert-like drink after a long day of visiting fall fairs with friends.
How to Make a Spiced Vanilla Latte at Home
By using Dunkin’ Donut’s French Vanilla coffee from Walmart, the coffee itself makes the tastiest base for a vanilla latte. In fact, I want to drink this coffee all fall long!
Spiced Vanilla Latte Recipe
- 1 cup Dunkin' Donut’s French Vanilla flavored coffee brewed from grounds, at desired strength
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla coffee syrup
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg optional
- 2 cinnamon sticks optional
- 1-2 dollops whipped cream of choice optional
- Brew coffee at desired strength. Typically, I'd use about 8-10 tablespoons or more for 2 cups of coffee. (Coffee needs to be stronger than normal to use in a latte.)
- Heat milk, sugar, vanilla syrup and cinnamon in a glass measuring cup in the microwave or in a small saucepan on the stove. Don't let it boil or burn, but heat through until the sugar dissolves.
- Using a milk frother, froth the hot spiced milk mixture until it's foamy on top.
- Fill each mug halfway with hot coffee.
- Add the hot spiced mixture milk until each mug is almost full. Hold back the foam with a wooden spoon if necessary.
- Using a spoon, add a bit of foam to the top of each mug.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream of choice. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Of course, as I mentioned you could make this Spiced Vanilla Latte for a morning coffee or to share with friends curled up by the fire on a crisp fall evening. If you need me, I’ll be over here sipping mine in a fluffy sweater curled up with a good book!