In this post: This chili lime mayo is made with just three ingredients that you probably have on hand. It’s a spicy-good dip perfect for fries and sweet potato fries!
Craving a little something extra to go with your sweet potato fries, burger, or Mexican salad? Then you’re going to love this full-flavored and easy-to-make chili lime mayo!
Table of Contents
A Yummy Spiced Mayo
We’ve been a little obsessed with sweet potatoes around here lately – and we’re totally LOVING Alexia Sweet Potato Fries! (The people at Alexia have no idea we’re writing this, btw. We just think their sp fries taste so dang good!)
We’re also dip-loving people…and ketchup is just plain ol’ nasty with sweet potatoes, know what I mean?
So when a dear friend said she adds chili powder to mayo for a dip, I got to thinking…and after a few trial runs (that were okay, but kind of ‘meh’) came up with this crazy simple recipe for Chili Lime Mayo.
Chili Lime Mayo
This delicious dip, made with only three ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, is perfect for French fries and sweet potato fries among other things!
- Mayonnaise. I use a soy-free, vegan mayo. But you could use any store-bought version you like. Or you could make homemade mayonnaise from scratch.
- Chili powder. We tend to keep chili powder on hand. But you could make your own homemade version if you like. (See below for how.)
- Lime juice. Freshly squeezed lime juice is hands-down the best option. But. you could use bottled lime juice if needed.
It’s easy to make this tasty mayo – simply mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Start with a small amount of chili powder and lime juice and adjust to taste as desired.
For the full ingredients list, recipe instructions, and nutrition info, see the recipe card below.
Substitutions and Variations
- Vegan mayo. You could make the chili lime mayo vegan by using vegan mayo, like this one.
- No lime, no problem. And in a pinch, you could use bottled lime juice concentrate instead of fresh.
- Smoke Paprika. You could add a little extra smoky flavor by adding a dash of smoked paprika to your chili lime mayo.
- Make it chipotle. Instead of chili powder, you could use chipotle peppers or chipotle paste to make chipotle lime mayo. Similar but different!
- Use taco seasoning. Store-bought or homemade taco seasoning will work too.
- Add cilantro for a lovely flavor.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Season with lime zest for a bit of color and flavor.
- Add Hot sauce if you want a spicier dip.
To make your own homemade chili powder, mix:
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne
How to Serve Chili Lime Mayo
Chili lime mayo is delicious with several foods, especially served with extra lime wedges. Here are a few ideas:
- as a dip for sweet potato fries
- substituted for the plain mayo in deviled eggs, or egg salad
- on top of baked potatoes instead of sour cream
- as a dressing on top of chili
- drizzled on top of a salad, on a burger, or in a hot dog
How to Store Chili Lime Mayo
Chili lime mayo is best served right away. But you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
More Great Appetizers
Here are a few more appetizer ideas from Home Made Lovely that you may love:
- Easy Vegan French Onion Dip from Scratch
- Sweet Potato Nachos
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
- Loaded Potato Slices
- Everyone’s Favorite Homemade Guacamole
- Ritz Pizza Crackers
- Deviled Eggs with Dill, Pickles, and Chips!
- Baked Deep Fried Pickles
Chili Lime Mayo Printable Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 heaping tbsp chili powder
- juice from half a small lime
- Simply mix all together in a bowl and serve with fries or sweet potato fries and ENJOY!