Cleaning and preparing for the holidays? Keeping your house clean year-round? Get 3 cleaning hacks with ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda!
This is a sponsored post by the maker of ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda. I received compensation for this review but the opinions are 100% my own.
Whether you’re cleaning and preparing for the holidays or just want to keep your house naturally clean year-round, these 3 cleaning hacks with ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda will come in handy.
*BONUS: Follow this link to save $.75 on ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda
and other great products at your local store or retailer here.
3 Cleaning Hacks with ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda
ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda fits with our family’s cleaning routine because it is all natural. It’s also very versatile and can be used in a variety of cleaning needs including as a natural laundry booster to increase cleaning and freshening. It can also be used in these 3 cleaning hacks…
1. Get the smell out of stinky towels
We talked about this cleaning hack here.
To remove the smell from stinky towels, no matter which type of washer you have, you simply follow three steps:
- Place towels into washing machine. Add 1 cup of white vinegar. Run for one regular cycle.
- Leave towels in washing machine. Add 1 cup of ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda. Run again for a regular cycle.
- Dry thoroughly in the dryer. (We use natural wool dryer balls instead of dryer sheets or fabric softener.)
Do NOT mix the Super Washing Soda and vinegar into the same load thinking you’ll save a step. You will be most disappointed when instead you end up with a frothy volcano erupting from your washing machine!
2. Get toilet bowls sparkling clean
Here’s how to clean toilets to a sparkly shine using ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda.
- Pour 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda into the toilet bowl.
- Add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. Oils like tea tree or peppermint are great for bathrooms.
- Pour 1/2 cup of white vinegar into the toilet bowl and let the mixture foam for several minutes. Remember to leave enough space for the mixture to foam in the toilet bowl.
- Finally, scrub gently with a toilet brush and flush.
Voila! Sparkling clean toilet bowls!
3. Clean soap scum and mineral buildup off of glass shower doors
There’s nothing quite like a clean shower. But soap scum and mineral buildup can make it seem like your shower doors just aren’t clean. And no amount of rinsing them with the shower head can remove the film. Instead try this easy 4 step process for cleaning your shower doors:
- Spray white vinegar all over the inside of glass shower doors.
- Combine equal parts ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda and salt and mix with enough water to make a paste.
- Apply to shower doors with a sponge and rub gently.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Important tips for using these cleaning hacks:
- Do not use HOT water when mixing vinegar into the cleaning solutions.
- Do not place solution in an enclosed container with vinegar.
- Make sure to leave enough room for foaming in any container when mixing ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda with vinegar.
- Do not use on aluminum.
More ways to use ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda
Laundry and Linens
- For best laundry results add 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda Laundry Booster along with the usual amount of detergent at the beginning of the wash cycle.
- For tough stains, in a tub of water add 2 tablespoons of Super Washing Soda per gallon and pre-soak for at least 30 minutes. For best results pre-soak overnight, then add 1/2 cup of Super Washing Soda along with detergent and wash. Always follow machine instructions when adding laundry products, add clothes and let water fill completely.
Silver, Copper, Gold Pieces
- Super Washing Soda can be used with special cleaning plates such as QWICKSILVER®, SilverLion and Speedy Plate to remove tarnish from silver, silver plate, jewelry, gold, copper, bronze, stainless steel, and most brass. Follow manufacturer guidelines.
Ovens, Range Tops, Broiler Pans, Sinks
- Ease these messy jobs with a solution of 1/2 cup Super Washing Soda Household Cleaner & Laundry Booster dissolved in a gallon of warm water.
- For burners, remove and soak in solution for at least 30 minutes to help banish greasy build-up. Always rinse well and dry.
- For stubborn, crusted soils, sprinkle Super Washing Soda on a damp sponge to scour quickly and easily. Do not use on aluminum and follow manufacturer guidelines.