Easy no sew floor pillows – perfect for watching movies or kids to read on the floor! Great for outside too! Make several in one afternoon.
Who's up for a really simple project? If that's you, then you're going to love these No Sew Floor Pillows!
For two large pillows:
1. Measure pillow forms and set aside. I actually used two really large pillows that came as extras with our sofas.
2. Layout fabric on a flat surface. Using a pencil mark the size of your pillow forms PLUS TWO INCHES onto the back side of your fabric. So if your pillow form is 24″ x 24″ measure 26″ x 26″ onto four pieces of fabric.
3. Using scissors cut out all four large squares (or rectangles, depending on the shape of your pillow forms).
4. Fold over each side about 1/4″ to 1/2″ and iron.
5. Place two pieces of fabric together right sides out, hems together (see photo). Then place hem fuse tape between the hemmed edges. Press with iron. Repeat for three side of pillow cover.
6. Stuff pillow cover with pillow form. Carefully place hem fuse tape between hems on open side of pillow cover and press together with a hair straightening iron. Unless you can somehow finagle your pillow onto the ironing board to iron this remaining side once the cover is stuffed, a hair straightener is your secret weapon!
I used four different prints from Online Fabric Store to make two pillows: Premier Prints Outdoor Vertical Deep Blue, Zigzag Yellow, Gotcha American Red and Polka Dot Yellow. Since these floor pillows will end up in the basement family room, the bright colors and durability of the spun polyester makes them especially kid friendly!
Have you ever “cheated” and made something with hem tape instead of sewing it? Do you have any floor pillows in your house? What about outdoor fabric on something indoors?
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!