This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
In this post: Do you love modern country or farmhouse style? Not sure how to decorate in those styles for Spring? Here’s 6 of the best of our very own modern country farmhouse Spring tours filled with lots of visual ideas you can use in your own home this season!
We were so hoping to share one of our new spaces all decorated for spring today. But alas, as it sometimes goes with renovations or room makeovers, things aren’t quite ready in either the dining room or our master bedroom. So instead, we are sharing 6 of the best of our past spring home tours with you. Sort of a roundup of our very own modern country farmhouse spring tours, filled with tons of visual ideas and shopping sources you can use in your own home’s Spring decorating.
For these tours, we are thrilled to be participating in the Styling for Spring home tours this week, hosted by Jenna from Wife in Progress. If you’re stopping by from Aratari at Home, welcome. We’re so glad you’re here! I’m Shannon. My husband, Dean, and I started Home Made Lovely (formerly AKA Design) almost 8 years ago to chronicle the renovations we were doing on an old war-era bungalow. Since then we’ve reno’d and sold that house plus another one and are in the process of updating our current home.
Home Made Lovely has since grown into a home and lifestyle company focused on creating a beautiful home and a lovely life – in the midst of all the craziness. In its pages you will find hundreds of real decorating ideas, simple DIY projects, yummy recipes and loving encouragement for you, beautiful momma. You can find out more about us – and our three homeschooled kids – here.
Best of Spring Tours – Our Modern Country Farmhouse Spring Tours
Here are several of our Spring tours. There are lots of photos here, and even more in the original posts too. Plus sources and shopping links for you too. You can also see how our style and some rooms have evolved over time. Much like your own style and spaces!
Each season we have the pleasure of co-hosting a series of house tours with a talented group of Canadian bloggers and our friend Christina from TheDIYMommy.com. In some seasons, we’re happy to pull down all the things and redo an entire space for the season. Christmas is generally one of those times. We do it in other seasons occasionally too. But this Spring, I didn’t have the energy. Something about long grey days, and also two other rooms in shambles while they get made over. So, the entry simply got a few blush and pastel touches.
Why is this spring home tour only part one? Well at the time, the house was a major work in progress and there were lots of rooms not even close to finished yet. I mean they had walls and were actual rooms we could use and live in. But they were still painted the colors the former owners chose, and were relatively undecorated, etc. And since we do almost all the work around here ourselves (aside from hiring professionals like electricians and plumbers when needed), these things take time to complete. And I’ve really had to work on knowing that that’s okay.
Shop this look:
- Ikea Ektorp Sectional and Chairs
- Distressed Silver Rug
- Factory Cart Coffee Table
- Word Throw Pillows
- Table Lamps (Birch Lane discontinued)
- Floor Lamp
- Glass door bookshelf (used as a China cabinet)
- Knit Pouf Ottomans
In this post, we shared our not quite finished, but close enough, dining room along with Spring Home Tours from some our favorite Canadian bloggers. You may notice the trim hadn’t even been painted yet!
Shop this look:
- Dining room table – Restoration Hardware – Similar here
- Black Windsor style chairs – Wayfair
- Black/Gun metal side chairs – Wayfair
- Tufted wingback bench – Wayfair
- Dining room light fixture – Wayfair
- Large black wall clock – Wayfair
- Metal and Wood Shelves – DIY here
- White Curtains – DIY Ikea hack here
- Box of faux flowers – DIY here
- Round entryway mirror – Homesense
- Entry light – Build.com
- Schoolhouse style hall lights – Build.com
- It is well art – Joanne’s (from our trip to the U.S. summer 2016)
- Embroidery hoop orbs – DIY here
- Letter A marquee – Micheals
- Danforth and Yonge St. signs – West Elm
- Wood horse head – Homesense
- Antler framed art – Vol25 on Etsy
- Large dice (die) – Homesense
- Crown book ends – Urban Barn
- Set of 5 turned candle sticks – Birch Lane – similar here
- Love you to the moon art – Joanne’s (from our trip to the U.S. summer 2016)
- Large wood cake stand – Vintage Farmhouse Finds
- Gray tiered tray – Vintage Farmhouse Finds
Tuesday marked the official start of Spring. Not that the weatherman agreed. In my part of the world there is often still snow on the ground until well into April. But that’s okay. Because Spring is weather coming. It always comes. And since Spring is definitely coming, I decided it was time to do a little Spring decorating in the living room at our old house for this post.
Shop this look:
- Couches – unknown, bought them second hand
- Trellis rug – RugsUSA
- Coffee Table – DIY, tutorial here
- Wood and Metal Shelves – DIY, tutorial here
- Slipper Chairs – The Brick
- Secretary desk – kijiji find, makeover here
- Barn door – DIY, tutorial here
- Floors – Lumber Liquidators, reveal here
- Wall color – Sherwin Williams Bungalow Beige
- Curtains – DIY from drop cloth, tutorial here
- Electric Fireplace – Canadian Tire
- Shelf and floor lighting – Ikea
- Desk cage light – Target
- Lamps on piano – Homesense (no longer available)
- Deer Head – Home Hardware
- Mantel Shelf – DIY, tutorial here
- Starburst wood mirror – Target
- Industrial numbered crates – Michael’s + DIY, tutorial here
- Mini Marquee Letter A – DIY, tutorial here
- It’s a small world globe – DIY, tutorial here
- Large dice box and crown book ends – Urban Barn (no longer available)
- Numbered sign – DIY, tutorial here
- Gold hammered bowl – Target
- Faux Easter eggs – Homesense
- Brass apple bell – thrift store
- Faux hydrangeas and vase – Urban Barn
- Gold and glass boxes – Birch Lane
- Moss bunnies – Michael’s
- Faux greenery ball – Dollarama
- Mini faux plant – Urban Barn
- Buck throw pillow – Craftberry Bush
- VW Bug throw pillow – Craftberry Bush
- I woke up like this Frenchie throw pillow – Craftberry Bush
- Antler and flowers pillow (do what you love) – Craftberry Bush
- Numbered pillows – Homesense (no longer available)
- Picture frames – various
- Floral alphabet letters – Creative Market
To round out the Spring tours this particular year, we wound up back in the living room with a decorated fireplace mantel. Just to show that you can decorate around a TV and on an electric fireplace mantel!
With the arrival of slightly warmer temperatures and loads more sunshine, I was busy adding Spring touches inside the house. In this post, it was a little bit of Spring in the dining room.
There you go! I hope you enjoyed a little spring inspiration from me. Want more? First head over to Amy from Atta Girl Says, since she’s the next stop on the tour. Then come back to see the rest of the beautiful spring tours from my friends below.
What are your favorite ways to decorate in modern country farmhouse style for Spring?