Months ago I found a cute little secretary desk on kijiji.
But she was in need of some prettying up.
I went back and forth on color.
She even sat in the basement laundry room for awhile while I pondered.
This week though, Dean hauled her upstairs (like the Superman he is).
And I started painting.
Painted Secretary Desk
Even mid-painting I changed my mind about color.
I was going to paint her black and then add a coat or two of aqua.
But once the first coat of black paint went on, I was smitten with my black painted secretary desk.
No aqua for this girl.
- secretary desk
- screwdriver (to remove hardware)
- Ultra Grip
- Coal Black Paint
- paint brush
- lint free cloth (optional)
- dark wax (optional)
1. Remove hardware and set aside.
2. Lightly sand surface to be painted (just enough to dampen any shine). Wipe clean.
3. Apply Ultra Grip and let dry 12 hours or more.
4. Apply Coal Black paint. Let dry. Repeat.
5. Gently sand edges to distress if desired. Wax entire piece with dark wax and lint free cloth if desired.
6. Reattach hardware.
Coal Black all the way.
What do you think of our latest furniture makeover? Would you paint something black?
This project was sponsored by Fusion Mineral Paints. They provided the ultra grip base coat, coal black paint and brushes.
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!