Using store-bought gluten free bread, these halfway homemade croutons are easy and delicious!
Awhile back I mentioned that even halfway homemade is better than preservative laden pre-packaged foods. It’s totally true. I would rather eat something almost from scratch than something out of a package any day!
Which brings me to these halfway homemade croutons. They’re only halfway homemade because as much as I love the idea of making my own bread, I just don’t have time these days. So I used a few slices of store-bought gluten free bread and made some pretty healthy and quick croutons – perfect for Caesar salad.
- 3 slices gluten free bread
- butter, or butter substitute
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half (optional)
- Butter bread on one or both sides (totally your preference) and lay on cookie sheet.
- Rub buttered surface with garlic if desired.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and cut into small cubes.
- Bake again for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with Caesar salad.
Here’s our Caesar Dressing to go with.