Easy sauteed pasta with vegetables tastes like a restaurant meal without the big bill!
When I was in college, there was this great pasta bar in part of the larger cafeteria. There was an assortment of vegetables and a couple of types of pasta each day. And at the end of the long tables were servers with saute pans all ready to cook up the veggies and pasta. I don’t have a long table filled with bowls of already chopped veggies – or servers for that matter. But sauteed pasta with vegetables is still a major comfort food dish for me.
And if I use canned veggies (like spinach, mushrooms, etc.) – or even canned chicken for added protein – this dish can be whipped up any time at all! Like the home canning process, canning seals in food’s natural goodness and nutrition so it’s there for you any time.
Sauteed Pasta with Vegetables
- 455 g package of rice pasta
- 1-3 cups vegetables of choice: spinach mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchinni, etc.)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large stir fry/saute pan.
- Saute vegetables until somewhat soft (starting with onions and harder veggies).
- After pasta is cooked and drained, add pasta to pan and saute with veggies for a few minutes.
- Serve warm.
What other veggies would you include? Do you cook with canned food?