Easy sauteed pasta with vegetables tastes like a restaurant meal without the big bill!
When I was in college, there was this great pasta bar in part of the larger cafeteria. There was an assortment of vegetables and a couple of types of pasta each day. And at the end of the long tables were servers with saute pans all ready to cook up the veggies and pasta. I don’t have a long table filled with bowls of already chopped veggies – or servers for that matter. But sauteed pasta with vegetables is still a major comfort food dish for me.
And if I use canned veggies (like spinach, mushrooms, etc.) – or even canned chicken for added protein – this dish can be whipped up any time at all! Like the home canning process, canning seals in food’s natural goodness and nutrition so it’s there for you any time.
- 455 g package of rice pasta
- 1-3 cups vegetables of choice: spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchinni, etc.)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large stir fry/saute pan.
- Saute vegetables until somewhat soft (starting with onions and harder veggies).
- After pasta is cooked and drained, add pasta to pan and saute with veggies for a few minutes.
What other veggies would you include? Do you cook with canned food?