My mom makes the best bbq potatoes with butter and onions. This is how she does it!
I have to tell you a secret…my mom makes the best bbq potatoes EVER! And – since this was one of the first recipes we made when we got a new BBQ – you're in for a treat today because I'm going to share my mom's BBQ potatoes recipe!
My Mom's BBQ Potatoes
My mom makes the best bbq potatoes with butter and onions,
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 tsp butter
- black pepper
- BBQ strength aluminum foil
- Preheat BBQ on medium.
- Tear off four pieces of aluminum foil, each approximately 12" x 12".
- Peel, rinse and slice potatoes into 1/4" slices. Set aside.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Place half the potato slices on one piece of aluminum foil and the other half on another piece of foil (in sort of a pile).
- Add half the diced onions to each of the potato piles.
- Add butter in little "pieces" and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Wrap aluminum foil up and around to cover potatoes. Then flip upside down onto another piece of aluminum foil and wrap again. Repeat to create two "packets". (Double recipe if serving more people.)
- Place on preheated BBQ. Cook for 15-20 minutes on each side.
Mmm. Dean loves my mom's BBQ potatoes too!
What's your favorite dish to BBQ?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Sign up for our newsletters to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!