Get organized with seasonal clothes storage ideas and tips. Plus sources for baskets, bins and underbed storage boxes for your off season clothes.
Let’s face it, dressers aren’t really designed to hold all four seasons of clothes at the same time. So seasonal clothes storage is rather a necessity in North America. Let’s illustrate how to store seasonal clothes in any-sized space – using entirely functional and beautiful bins, boxes, baskets and labels, like these…
Aren’t they pretty?
5 Tips for Seasonal Clothes Storage:
- Labelling stored clothes is a must! For a vintage look, tie a few vintage paper hang tags (2) to basket handles with fabulously useful and neutral twine (8). Or get fancy with library-style Category Label Pulls (3) on wooden boxes and baskets. Even add a little personal style to handy-but-plain plastic boxes (10) with brown Kraft Labels (4) and a Sharpie (7).
- Sometimes you just don’t want to look at off-season clothes no matter how organized they are (who wants to see capris and tanks when it’s twenty below?), so try hiding storage containers behind some prettier-to-look-at curtains (1). This works especially well for hiding shelving full of stored goodies!
- What’s not to love about sorting clothes into numbered canvas bins (5) – hello typography?! If you’ve got little ones, the numbers could even represent clothing size, shoe size, age or birth order!
- When space is at a premium, don’t forget about the space under the bed. Who needs a bed skirt when you’ve got baskets like these to look at (6)? How easy are those castors? Or keep the pretty bed skirt and add some divided under bed storage, like the SKUBB series (11) from Ikea!
- Stow mitts, scarves, or blankets in gorgeous Seagrass Baskets (9) or round stacking boxes (12). No one will be the wiser – even if you put these on bookshelves in the living room!
P.S. This post originally existed on my other blog, AKADesign.ca.