Make these easy DIY paper napkin rings for your upcoming holiday or event – like Thanksgiving! We’ve even got free fonts, a Silhouette cut file and an option to make them without any fancy equipment at all!
Have I told you before that the best decorations are often the easiest to create? Of course I have. It’s part of my ‘manifesto’ of decorating…no complicated crafts allowed. Seriously. I can’t handle too many steps in a craft or DIY project. I just can’t concentrate for that long. Also, I’m not a fan of lots of repetitive steps…I may quit altogether (just ask the full unfinished crafts bin in my basement about that). Anyway, these DIY paper napkin rings are super easy and don’t require a lot of work at all. My kinda craft!
They’re easy because you just print, cut and secure them with a little Scotch tape in back. You can mix fonts and napkin patterns for an eclectic look or you can choose to use all the same fonts and napkins for a more coordinated look. Completely depends on your mood! Of course you could also print them on plain paper or heavier cardstock instead of Kraft paper and that would change the look and feel as well.
DIY Paper Napkin Rings
- paper of your choice – I used Kraft paper
- Silhouette or scissors
- clear Scotch style tape
Free Fonts I used are:
If you know your way around a Silhouette machine and its software, that’s the fastest way to make these napkin rings. But if you don’t own a Silhouette or aren’t adept at using the software yet, you could also skip the Silhouette instructions and jump to the non-Silhouette instructions below.
2. Open Silhouette file. Print with registration marks.
3. Place paper onto cutting matte. Select correct material settings for the paper you’ve chosen.
4. Send to Silhouette.
5. Separate paper napkin rings and wrap one around each napkin. (If you want to make some napkins, you could make our super easy Cloth Napkins!) Tape napkin rings in back with clear (Scotch) tape.
Non-Silhouette DIY Instructions
Like I mentioned, you can still make these DIY paper napkin rings without a Silhouette or other cutting machine. You also don’t need any fancy editing or creating software…you can simple use Word! Here’s how:
1. Open a word document and create a text box that is 7″ x 1.75″.
2. Give the text box no fill and a 1/4″ black line.
3. Type Give Thanks in text box. Center text in box and align center as well. Your text should now be in the very center of the text box
4. Change text to desired font and size.
5. Copy and paste text box for each napkin ring. Change font as desired.
6. Print and trim each paper napkin ring with scissors.
7. Wrap one around each napkin and secure with a small piece of clear (Scotch) tape.
And there it you have it. Darn simple DIY paper napkin rings!
I made ours for Thanksgiving, obviously. But you could try out all kinds of sayings for just about any occasion. You could even use different colored papers for birthdays, or other Holidays too.
So tell me, do you change your table decor each holiday? Or do you have some old favorites that remain the same every time? Do you believe in easy crafts or are you a 100-steps to complete it kinda crafter?