Love barn doors but not the price of expensive hardware? Then you will love our Sliding Barn Door Plans – they're free and use easy to find materials!
This is the last day of tutorials in our Barn Door Week – and it's a good one! Tomorrow we will share a round up of a few of our favorite DIY Barn Doors.
Dean and I really wanted to give you clear instructions for making your own barn door. We went back and forth between step by step instructions and a drawing. In the end we decided it would be best to provide old-school hand-drawn plans. Just click on the plan image below and you'll be taken to a printable PDF. (Please remember this is for your own personal use and can't be sold or otherwise modified or distributed.)
- scooter wheels (with rubber removed) or pulley wheels (disassembled pulleys) qty=2
- 1-1/4″ x 1/4″ x 86-1/8″ long steel flat bar qty=2
- 1-1/2″ x 1/4″ x 84″ long steel flat bar qty=1
- 3″ x 1/8″ x 84″ long steel flat bar qty=1
- 1/2″ x 1/16″ x 2″ long steel tubing qty=7
- 2″ x 6″ x 48″ long wood qty=15
- fitting black iron floor flange 1″ qty=4
- fitting black iron 90 degree elbow 1″ qty=4
- black steel pipe nipple 1″ x close qty=4
- black steel pipe nipple 1″ x 16″ long qty=2
- 1/4″ x 1-1/2″ long plated lag bolts qty=60
- 5/16″ x 3-1/2″ long plated lag bolts qty=7
- #12 x 1-1/4″ long screws qty=16
- 5/16″ x 2″ long – 18 thread plated hex bolts qty=2
- 5/16″ – 18 thread plated hex nuts qty=2
- 5/16″ plated flat washers qty=4
- Minwax Dark Walnut stain
- Rust-Oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint
- white or light grey paint
NOTE: Once you've drilled all the holes and before assembly, spray paint all of the metal flat bar, the wheels and the lag nuts and bolts with oil-rubbed bronze. Let dry.
If you have any questions, give us a shout in the comments and we'll try to walk you through them. 🙂
Click on the links below to be taken to each step to build your own DIY Barn Door and DIY Barn Door Track That Won't Break the Bank!
- Instructions for Grey Wash Wood Finish
- Pipe Fitting Handle Instructions
- Sliding Barn Door Plans (YOU ARE HERE!)
Or click here for our original Upcycled Barn Door Reveal.
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!