A delicious chunky chicken salad recipe filled with flavors and healthy fruits and vegetables. Great especially in the summer.
Sometimes you just want a nice light – but protein packed – lunch. Like this delicious chunky chicken salad! This is one of my favourites…a simple chicken salad.
Chunky Chicken Salad
Make this chunky chicken salad recipe, and enjoy on a lettuce wrap
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce optional
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced apple any type
- 1 1/2 cup halved grapes
- 1/4 cup nuts/seeds of choice
- 1 tbsp mayo or veggie mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard optional
- 1 tsp sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake chicken breasts on broiler rack in 350 oven for 40 minutes or until just about done. Brush with BBQ sauce (optional) and finish baking.
- Meanwhile mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Let chicken cool 5 minutes. Cut into small cubes and add to other ingredients in bowl. Stir until well mixed. If you're in a rush, eat as is. If you have time to sit down serve over a bed of greens or baby spinach and garnish with some grapes and parsley or other fresh herb.
What kind of salad is your favorite?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!