A delicious chunky chicken salad recipe filled with flavors and healthy fruits and vegetables. Great especially in the summer.
Sometimes you just want a nice light – but protein packed – lunch. Like this delicious chunky chicken salad! This is one of my favourites…a simple chicken salad.
Chunky Chicken Salad
Make this chunky chicken salad recipe, and enjoy on a lettuce wrap
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce optional
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced apple any type
- 1 1/2 cup halved grapes
- 1/4 cup nuts/seeds of choice
- 1 tbsp mayo or veggie mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard optional
- 1 tsp sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake chicken breasts on broiler rack in 350 oven for 40 minutes or until just about done. Brush with BBQ sauce (optional) and finish baking.
- Meanwhile mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Let chicken cool 5 minutes. Cut into small cubes and add to other ingredients in bowl. Stir until well mixed. If you're in a rush, eat as is. If you have time to sit down serve over a bed of greens or baby spinach and garnish with some grapes and parsley or other fresh herb.
What kind of salad is your favorite?