Make your own no-sew drop cloth curtains with this really easy trick. Save money on curtains and get that rustic farmhouse look too!
Do you have a room that needs curtains but very little budget? Are you okay with an iron but not so good with a sewing machine? Then you’re going to love making your own no-sew drop cloth curtains!
I thought now would be a great time to share this tutorial again, since we’ve used drop cloth curtains in our guest bedroom makeover for the One Room Challenge.
Nope, there’s no actual window in the space! But there are a couple of weird corners on either side of the room at the head of the bed.
And we’re disguising them rather than fixing them at this point, with our DIY Drop Cloth Curtains!
Make Your Own No-Sew Drop Cloth Curtains
So, we’ve actually done this project before in our old house. Without sewing, I often use my glue gun and glue. But for this tutorial, I’m using an iron and hem fuse tape instead.
- Cut drop cloth in half, creating two pieces approximately 4’x7.5′.
- Iron out the fold lines, spritzing with water if necessary. Iron the raw edge down about 1/2″.
- Place hem tape in folded canvas and iron on one side and then the other to fuse together.
- Hang rod with appropriate hardware.
- Slip curtain rings onto rod and clip canvas onto ring clips.
Washing the drop cloths before making them into curtains will make your curtains extra soft and pliable!
You could even double up the curtains for a fuller look, or let the drop cloth puddle on the floor, like we did after we switched the living room and dining rooms at our old house.
Or flip the top portion over to create a ruffled look like we did with our guest room drop cloth curtains!