Easy and quick to make this creamy coleslaw recipe is the perfect side for bbq burgers hot off the grill or our famous Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken!
Summer is the time for picnics, lazy days on the beach and family barbecues. The last thing anyone wants to be doing is slaving in the kitchen for hours. At least I’m pretty sure it’s the last thing I want to be doing! While fresh and homemade, this creamy coleslaw recipe can be whipped up very easily with the help of a food processor.
Of course, if you’d like to save even more time (or you don’t have a food processor) feel free to pick up a bag of store-bought ready to make coleslaw and just add the creamy homemade sauce!
- 1/2 head green cabbage, or a mix of green and purple
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- black pepper, optional, to taste
- Peel carrots and trim off ends.
- Using the grater attachment, process cabbage, carrots and red onion in food processor then place into large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whip mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper together.
- Pour sauce over cabbage mixture and stir well to coat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 122 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 254mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 1g
Seriously it’s that easy.
Pair this creamy coleslaw with burgers hot off the grill or with our 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken for a super simple summer dinner.
Do you have a coleslaw recipe you love?