A lot of life happens in 20 years of marriage.
A lot happens in 20 years of Marriage. When we got together we looked like such babies. Me barely out of high school and him a few years older, but still so young.
We only dated for two months before we got engaged. And then we got married six months later.
In fact we even moved our wedding date up a few months because we just wanted so badly to be married already. (Which of course got a few people wagging their tongues that we were moving it up for other reasons. #nokidsforfouryearsAFTERweweremarried #howrude)
In twenty years, we have:
- lived in ten homes
- put me through 2.5 colleges (I quit computer programming after one semester and then took two one-year certificate courses)
- had three babies (in four years)
- passed each other in the hallway innumerable times each tending to one of those babes in the wee hours of the night
- homeschooled for 11 years
- renovated and sold two houses
- became Christians together
- watched three of our kids accept Christ as their savior and witnessed two of them get baptized
- started three businesses
- had eight different vehicles (two civics and two odysseys in the mix though)
- attended about 6 churches and been members of three
- had two kittens, two dogs and a hamster (as family pets, not all at the same time)
- celebrated over half of my birthdays together and almost half of his
- watched approximately a gazillion movies
- camped dozens of times (although we both feel a little old for that these days)
- not slept apart unless absolutely necessary
- said “I love you” every single day
Today we celebrate all the joy and love of the last 20 years of marriage – and we look forward to at least twenty more.
Shannon and Dean
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!