Have you ever felt like decorating your house for each season was just craziness? Like it was just way too much work? All mess and no fun?
Uh-huh. Been there. Done that.
Did you know that decorating for each new season doesn't have to turn into a full-blown redecorating job?
That you don't actually have to pull every single thing down to start over?
(Although if you really want to, go ahead. Just don't blame me for the mess!)
Easy fall decorating is just as simple (and inexpensive) as adding a few autumn accents to existing decor:
- Stock up on realistic looking artificial leaves and fall berry garlands to use year to year. Weave them into bookshelves and hutches.
- Buy faux pumpkins on sale from places like Michael's and Homesense (Homegoods) at the end of the season and put them away for the next year. Place them at different heights on cake stands and candlesticks.
- Make simple scrapbook paper or burlap fall garlands. String them over a fireplace mantel or a doorway.
- Homemade Cinderella pumpkins are super simple ways to introduce more texture to a bowl full of rattan balls and pine cones.
- Baby boo mini white pumpkins make inexpensive groupings on shelves or at individual place settings.
I know, now you want examples, right?!
How about our giganterrific (look at me, making up words!) Homesense tray for starters. It has held many things…
Including a plethora of candles (most found at Ikea) we added one fall (and to which in the winter we added some greenery).
For fall last year, we added a faux berry/leaf garland we had on hand from Dollarama, as well as a few baby boo white pumpkins from the grocery store.
Our cheapy ($10) Superstore bread basket was updated for fall too – by mixing our Cinderella Pumpkins in with the pine cones and fake berries!
And these great chicken wire cloches (found marked down to $8 each at Michael's from $39 each!) are more subtly fall – spruced up with twine, rustic balls and metal letter cutouts.
Easy decorating nonetheless!
Do you have any easy decorating tricks? Any go-to pieces that you update each and every season?
P.S. We're super excited to decorate for fall at our new place this year!!! Watch for some fun projects and table setting ideas soon.
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!