It’s still early fall, and quite frankly it’s still hot outside and the AC is on. But it feels like fall inside. Here’s a warm, cozy fall home tour to get you in the mood for fall!
I’m so happy you’ve joined me today for my warm & cozy fall home tour as part of the Seasonal Simplicity week-long fall tour hosted by my friend, Krista! If you’re coming from another dear friend’s place, Taryn Whitaker’s – welcome to Home Made Lovely!
In case we haven’t met and you’re new here, yup, I totally have candle wax on my arm in that photo 🤦🏼♀️. But hey, I got out of track pants for you today! (You can pretend I’m fancy, if that’s your thing. Obviously, it’s not mine!) 🙂
I started Home Made Lovely about 9 years ago as a DIY blog with my husband, Dean. Back then it was called AKA Design.
Now our company is more of an online media company…we still do DIYs. But now I teach women like you how to decorate their homes through my Decorating Uncomplicated course. I also share hospitality and entertaining ideas and talk about how to declutter and organize here on the blog. I’m working on a decluttering program to be ready to rock your New Year 2020. I also wrote an everything home book which is coming out in fall 2020!
A few quirky things about me:
- I can’t bake to save my life – especially pies or cookies. Heavens, I literally set the oven on fire once trying to bake a pie!
- I can cook though! I’ve cooked for hubby and I plus our three kids everyday for the last 20+ years. I kinda had to get good at it, or we’d have starved by now.
- I love dark roast coffee – Starbucks is my favorite – with a little vanilla almond creamer.
- I am growing out a pixie haircut and trying to get a bit more exercise after a stressful season. Currently I feel like an awkward middle schooler!
Anywho, I’m pretty sure you’re here for a fall home tour, and not my biography! 😉
A Warm & Cozy Fall Home Tour
Welcome to the suburban home I share with my hubby, Dean, our three teenagers and our wee doggie, Jackson.
The Dining Room
Our entryway opens right onto our dining room, which is open to the stairwell too. The half wall between the entry and dining room and the two pillars make photos a little difficult to take. But in reality – which is what really matters – they work to visually mark and divide the different spaces.
The dining room is a great space for entertaining because it’s so open and has plenty of room for storage too.
I’ve set the table for dinner and begun to dish out a simple spinach salad with a light vinaigrette. There’s pulled chicken in the crockpot too. We have an extra seat…you’re welcome to join us!
You’re totally right, maybe we should finish the tour first. The salad will wait!
From our dining room you get to our very open concept living room and kitchen.
We renovated our circa 1999 builder’s grade kitchen shortly after we moved here in 2016. We saved money by keeping the footprint the same – we didn’t move any appliances – and keeping the previously existing base cabinets. We simply added onto the kitchen, by incorporating the eat-in portion near the patio doors into the rest of the kitchen.
And of course, the part I love MOST about our house…the kitchen opens right up to the living room. I know some people don’t love that. But I personally adore being able to see and talk with my guests while I’m doing things in the kitchen.
The Living Room
Our living revolves around family. The large sectional (the Ikea Ektorp with Nordvalla Beige covers) is just big enough for all five of us to pile onto for family movie night. Dean and I often have date night here, while the kids are upstairs or downstairs. The dog’s toys and bed are here. And of course, there’s the cozy gas fireplace that gets a lot of use in the cooler months (even if I have to open the windows to make it cool enough inside to use!).
We’re currently in the middle of giving the fireplace a makeover. We’re just waiting on paint now. (Will we paint it black or white?!)
That’s it for our fall tour for this year. For more of the tour, check our our 10 minute video tour on IGTV! I hope you enjoyed it!
For more beautiful fall home tours, visit my talented blog friends:
Sharing with me today…
And sharing the rest of this week…
Have you decorated for fall yet? What colors are you using this year?
Fall Home Tour Source List:
- Interior walls throughout (except living room shiplap wall) – Sherwin Williams Eider White
- Living room shiplap wall – Sherwin Williams Black Magic
- Kitchen Island – Fusion Mineral Paint Coal Black
- Front doors – Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black
- Interior doors – Valspar Gallery Grey
- Coffered ceiling and trim – Sherwin Williams Pure White
- Fulton St. Clock
- Tufted Chairs
- Decorative Farmhouse Scale
- Let’s Stay Home sign
- Lamps (Lowes)
- Braided placemats
- Rae Dunn Bowls (Homesense/Winners/Marshalls)
- Breadboards (Michaels)
- Faux antlers (Michaels, Homesense)
- Crocks (Antiques)
- ecobee thermostat
- Buffet/Hutches (The Brick – no longer available)
- Schoolhouse Lights
- Curtains (DIY)
- Linen Bed Scarf
- Ticking Stripe Floor Pillow
- Personalized “Superior Acheson” pillow cover
- Chalkboard (DIY in upcoming Home Made Lovely book)
- Faux fur pillows (Chapters/Indigo)
- Gather lumbar pillows (Michaels last year)
- Rust color pillows (Bouclair and Homesense)
- Coffee table (DIY)
- Table lamps (Birch Lane – no longer available)
- Blanket ladder (DIY)
- Dresser (Thrifted)
- Wood turned candlesticks
- Area rug
- Sectional (IKEA Ektorp, Norvalla Beige slipcovers)
- Arm chairs (no longer available)
- Side tables (Bouclair)
- Pendergrass Antiques sign (Michaels)
- Wooden horse (Homesense)
- Dice storage box (Homesense)
- Large tic tac toe (Pier 1 – similar here)
- Black metal house (Dollarama)
- Wood cake stand
- Knit poufs/footstools
- Olive topiaries
- White pumpkins (Michaels)
- Curtains (DIY)
- Bamboo blinds
- Magnolia Leaf Wreath (DIY)
- Kitchen makeover details
- Open Shelf Brackets
- Pumpkin shaped cutting board (Michaels)
- Amber mason jar with twinkle lights (Michaels)
- Gather sign (Dean made it, similar vinyl version here)
- Coffee sign
- Mug stand/rack
- Track lighting (no longer available, similar here)
- Spice rack/organization (DIY)
- Farmhouse sink
- Bar stools