This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
Want to make an easy wood bead door knob hanger to go with your boho farmhouse style decor? Here’s how to do it the easy way!
Adding cozy, boho farmhouse style character to your home doesn’t have to be at all complicated. Take these easy to make wood bead door knob hangers for example. Each one can be whipped up in a matter of minutes!
How to Make an Easy Wood Bead Door Knob Hanger
These instructions are very similar to our DIY Wood Bead Garland tutorial, with a couple of slight tweaks.
1. Wrap jute around your hand/fingers as many times as you’d like. I probably wrapped mine around about 20 times or so for the Door Knob Hanger.
2. Remove wound jute from fingers. Wrap more jute around the loops at about one third the length (as shown) and tie tightly.
3. Now cut the loops of jute at the end of the longer ends. This will make your tassel! Set it aside for now.
4. Next you’re going to string the beads onto the jute using the darning/large sewing needle. The length of jute will be about 10-12 inches, enough to loop over a door knob with some hanging down. You can leave it attached to the ball while you thread on the beads, if you like.
5. You will want to string on about 12-15 beads for the loop part of your door knob hanger.
6. Then knot both sides together to create a loop.
7. With two tails remaining, thread on 5 more beads to make the tail.
8. Now loop each end of your tail through your previously made tassels. Tie a knot and trim. Hang and enjoy!
How to Make an Easy Wood Bead Door Knob Hanger Video Tutorial
If you’d like to see how the door knob hanger is made, here’s a quick little step by step video tutorial for you.
I’m obviously loving raw wood beads for craft projects these days! And this door knob hanger is just too cute!