The long winter is a perfect time to cozy up by the fire with a hot cup of cocoa. But don’t get bored by plain hot chocolate. Try Thin Mint Hot Chocolate!
What could be better than hot chocolate on a cold winter’s day? How about the combination of mint and chocolate in this Thin Mint Hot Chocolate recipe!
If you’re a bit sensitive to dairy, like my kids are, you could always substitute almond, soy, rice or coconut milk for cow’s milk in this recipe too! Then the only dairy is in the Thin Mints!
Thin Mint Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 10 Thin Mints
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. sugar, more or less to your liking
- whipped cream, optional
- sprinkles, optional
- candy cane, optional
- Warm the milk on medium heat in a pot.
- Add the thin mints.
- Use a whisk to stir to help them melt.
- Add sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined. (You don’t need a lot of sugar, as the candy is sweet!)
- Serve in a mug and garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows, and a thin mint. For extra peppermint, add a candy cane!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 11g
Do share in the comments what you think of this hot chocolate recipe if you try it!
P.S. If you like this recipe, why not try some of our other drink recipes too?