Summer is the perfect time to add a little color and whimsy to your decor. Even if you’re a neutrals lover like me. Here are a few colorful and whimsical summer mantel or shelf decorating ideas!
While Dean has been making progress on the front entryway, I’ve been sneaking a bit of time to pretty up our mantel for summer with these summer mantel or shelf decorating ideas.
If you follow us on Instagram (if you’re not following, why not?) you may have seen the mantel pics we posted last week. The mantel was pretty much decorated neutral and black and white. Several of you mentioned that you’d love to see some color. We don’t do color often, but here you go!
Whimsical Summer Mantel
I pulled out several old things including:
- a round birdcage bought at Walmart last year for The Curb Appeal Series
- another birdcage my Mom gave me last fall
- a Pottery Barn table clock that a sweet girl gave me for helping her choose paint colors
- three candlesticks from the now defunct Zellers
- the rag wreath we made for Steven & Chris
- a little mustache canvas I bought from here
- a jar with faux flowers from Homesense that usually sits by our kitchen sink
But I also painted and prettied up a chipboard letter A (for Acheson) bought at Michael’s before we moved, but never got around to using.
And I whipped up a couple of small pennant banners from fabric samples and scraps that were in my now-dwindling sewing stash (tutorial here).
Simple. Whimsical. Inexpensive. With pretty pops of summer color.
Do you decorate for summer? What does your mantel look like right now?