It’s just about Strawberry season! And we can’t wait for fresh strawberries, so we can make these strawberry kiwi yogurt popsicles, with hidden veggies!
One memory I love from childhood is eating my mom’s dripping homemade popsicles outside in the summer heat. She didn’t make them often, but they sure were good when she did. I believe they were almost always just made from pure juice too. Well, these strawberry kiwi yogurt popsicles have a few more ingredients than my mom’s popsicles did, but they are still super healthy. They even have some veggies well-hidden in them!
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Greek vanilla yogurt, (or non-dairy yogurt substitute)
- 1-2 cups strawberries, sliced
- popsicle mold
- Place 2 peeled and diced kiwis into a blender.
- Add in 1 cup of vanilla almond milk.
- Mix in ½ of a sliced banana.
- Pour in ⅓ cup of Vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Toss in 1 cup of baby spinach leaves.
- Blend the mixture well until all ingredients are smooth and combined.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, filling the molds only about halfway.
- Place the popsicle molds into the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes, an hour would be better if you have the time.
- While the popsicles are in the freezer, add 1-2 cups of sliced strawberries to the remaining green mixture in the blender. Blend until smooth, and until you get a red/pink color that you are happy with. Place the remaining popsicle mixture into the fridge to stay cold while you wait for the green mixture to set in the molds.
- Once the green mixture has set, remove the molds from the freezer, and pour some of the pink/red strawberry mixture into the molds, filling them to the top.
- Place the popsicle molds back into the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours.
Once the popsicles have set, you can run them under warm water to release them from the molds before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 41mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 3g