Star Wars Spaceship Oreos – perfect for a Star Wars themed party or as a post Star Wars movie treat!
Most of my family LOVES Star Wars. Especially my husband, Dean. So, with a new Star Wars movie coming out every year around the holidays, we thought it may be fun to share a Star Wars themed recipe.
- 1 package of regular or mint double stuffed Oreos, (Substitute with gluten free Oreo-style cookies, if desired.)
- 2 Bags of white chocolate melting wafers
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 can of silver cake decorating spray
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate melting wafers.
- Using a fork, dip the Oreos into the melted white chocolate, until fully coated.
- Place Oreos onto a cookie sheet and let 'dry' for an hour.
- Meanwhile, using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes.
- Scoop the icing into a piping bag.
- Once the chocolate covered cookie has hardened, pipe the details of the "ship" with icing onto all of the cookies.
- Let icing harden for 30 minutes.
- Doing only one cookie at a time, spray the surface with the silver spray.
- Repeat step with remaining cookies.
- Let the color spray dry before enjoying.
Can use Glutino or another gluten free Oreo type cookie to make these gluten friendly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 199 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 56mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 33g Protein: 1g
We always go see the newest Star Wars movie at the theatre, since they’re always released right around Dean’s birthday.
How about you? Are you a Star Wars fan? Might you or anyone you know like these Star Wars Spaceship Oreos?