Do you love those deconstructed book stacks with stamped sayings on their spines? Here’s how to make your own stamped book stack with dollar store supplies.
The best crafts are often the simplest ones! Like this simple deconstructed and stamped book stack with wood bead garland!
They only require a few supplies, which can mainly be picked up at the dollar store!
- paperback books
- alphabet stamps
- ink pad
- wooden beads
- darning needle
- Remove the covers from your books. As well as any additional pages you'd like to remove.
- Choose your saying or words.
- Stamp one word or portion of your saying onto each book's spine. It's easiest to start on the right side of each word, to get everything lined up well.
- Repeat step 3 for each book.
- Using twine bundle your book stack together. Leave a 'tail' of jute after tying firmly together.
- With the darning needle, string your wooden beads onto your jute tail from step 5.
- When you have as many beads as you'd like, tie a knot in the jute.
- Next make a tassel as shown in the video or in our other wooden bead projects.
- String your jute tail through the tassel top.
- Push jute back through the bottom few beads with darning needle and tie a knot to secure the tassel to the book stack and wood beads.
You could also use faux calligraphy or hand-lettering instead of stamps on your book spines for a different look!
Have you made any stamped book stacks yet for your house?
And today I’m joined by a fabulous group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Spring DIY Projects as part of the Seasonal Simplicity Spring Series. You’re going to love all this springy inspiration…