This St. Patrick’s Day Green Trifle Dessert is super easy to put together and it looks perfectly festive in individual trifle cups or a larger trifle bowl!
Make a pretty and yummy St. Patrick’s Day Green Trifle Dessert! With only a few ingredients and some fun layering, this dessert will get you in the mood to celebrate with the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 Box of white cake mix
- 1 can of seltzer
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3.56 Box of pudding
- 1 C. Whipped topping
- 1 C. Milk
- 21 oz Can Key Lime Pie Filling
- Green food coloring, optional
To make the cake
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and can of seltzer (no need to add eggs or oil!)
- Bake in a large rectangular cake pan (or 2 if you would like “thinner” pieces) for about 20-30 minutes until done. Let Cool.
While the cake is in the oven:
- Whip cream cheese in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add pudding mix until incorporated.
- Add milk until smooth.
- Next, add whipped topping and mix on slow speed until combined.
- (Add green food coloring at this point, if you are coloring it.)
- Break up cooled cake into pieces.
- Using a large trifle bowl or small individual cups, create alternating layers of cake pieces, key lime pie filling, and whipped mixture
You can make a large trifle dessert out of this or many individual small cups.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 311 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 72mg Sodium: 209mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 24g Protein: 6g