This St. Patrick’s Day Green Trifle Dessert is super easy to put together and it looks perfectly festive in individual trifle cups or a larger trifle bowl!
Make a pretty and yummy St. Patrick’s Day Green Trifle Dessert! With only a few ingredients and some fun layering, this dessert will get you in the mood to celebrate with the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick's Day Green Trifle Dessert
This St. Patrick's Day Green Trifle Dessert is super easy to put together and it looks perfectly festive in individual trifle cups or a larger trifle bowl!
- 1 Box of white cake mix
- 1 can of seltzer
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 3.56 Box of pudding
- 1 C. Whipped topping
- 1 C. Milk
- 21 oz Can Key Lime Pie Filling
- Green food coloring optional
To make the cake
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and can of seltzer (no need to add eggs or oil!)
- Bake in a large rectangular cake pan (or 2 if you would like “thinner” pieces) for about 20-30 minutes until done. Let Cool.
While the cake is in the oven:
Whip cream cheese in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add pudding mix until incorporated.
- Add milk until smooth.
- Next, add whipped topping and mix on slow speed until combined.
- (Add green food coloring at this point, if you are coloring it.)
- Break up cooled cake into pieces.
- Using a large trifle bowl or small individual cups, create alternating layers of cake pieces, key lime pie filling, and whipped mixture
You can make a large trifle dessert out of this or many individual small cups.
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in any way? Have you ever made a layered trifle dessert before?