Gluten free, dairy free, slow cooker pizza pasta. Tastes like pizza, with the comfort food feel of pasta. Super easy to make!
Comfort food is the best when the temps are cooler. And somehow the smell of food simmering in the slow cooker all day just adds to the cozy comfort of this Slow Cooker Pizza Pasta!
- 454 g package rice pasta
- 175 g package turkey pepperoni
- 227 g package cheddar flavored Daiya cheese substitute
- 739 mL jar pasta sauce
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste, optional
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Spread 2 tbsp pasta sauce on bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1 tsp oregano.
- Add half the pasta.
- Layer half the pepperoni on top of the pasta.
- Cover with half the remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle with 1 tsp oregano and half of the Daiya cheese substitute.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5.
- Gently pour water down the side of slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
If you like even more meat you can use meat sauce instead of regular pasta sauce.
Slow cooker pizza pasta makes a great winter meal when paired with a side salad or garlic toast!
Have you ever made pasta in your slow cooker?