This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
In this post: Remember the real reason for the Holiday season with this scripture advent calendar that you can print and hang yourself at home!
Would you believe that as much as I adore this season, our family has never fully embraced the Advent calendar tradition?
I mean, I get it.
Advent calendars are a way to celebrate the days leading up to Christmas.
But I don’t get all the candy and chocolate and (much like a lot of celebrations) the commercialized versions of Advent.
This year I was inspired to find our own way of utilizing this countdown – and helping all of the people (kids and adults alike) in our household to remember the real meaning of Christmas.
So instead of things to do or candy, our Advent calendar is filled with words from Scripture.
FREE Printable Advent Calendar
This advent calendar is easy to make with just a few common or easy to find crafting supplies (I’ve even linked them all below to Amazon). Even if you start late in the Advent season, you can still enjoy this new family tradition.
In order to make your advent calendar like ours, here’s what you’ll need.
- Cork bulletin board (about 17″ x 23″)
- Mini clothespins
- Baker’s twine
- Heavy printer paper/cardstock
- Scripture & Number tags (download below)
1. To print and use the advent tags, simply download each set of numbers and scriptures from the links above.
2. Then print, SINGLE SIDED and cut out.
3. Attach 5 lengths of baker’s twine onto the vertical cork board with thumbtacks.
4. Match each number tag to its corresponding scripture and hang together on the bakers twine with mini clothespins.
Do NOT print these double-sided as they do not line up. Due to the different nature and capabilities of each printer – with no way for me to tell how yours will work – double-sided printing will not work.