In this post: This Starbucks® salted caramel cream cold brew is the perfect summer drink with its rich and creamy texture. Make this easy homemade version for yourself!
One great thing about summer is all the great Starbucks® cold drinks! But if you’re like me, you don’t always want to go out to get your favorite drink 😉 This Starbucks® salted caramel cream cold brew-inspired recipe is perfect for all my fellow introverts and busy mommas! Learn how to make it at home with easy step-by-step instructions.
What is a Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?
The salted caramel cream cold brew is a popular Starbucks® cold beverage that’s perfect for the warm weather! The base of this drink is cold brew coffee which is less bitter than regular coffee making it more refreshing for summer. And to top it all off (literally 😉 ) this drink has a sweet cold foam with delicious caramel flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Copycat Recipe
This copycat Starbucks® salted caramel cream cold brew recipe:
- is quick and easy to make
- doesn’t contain complicated instructions or hard-to-find ingredients
- is adaptable to any dietary restrictions or allergies (see below for ideas)
- Caramel sauce: you can use store-bought, homemade, or even vegan caramel sauce.
- Cold coffee: cold brew coffee is less acidic than hot brew so it tastes less bitter.
- Vanilla syrup: feel free to use store-bought or homemade.
- Half & half: half milk, half cream; you can use a dairy-free/vegan substitute too!
How to Make Starbucks® Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
1. Brew freshly ground coffee beans with cold water in a ratio of 1:4, without heating.
2. Rest for a day (or at least overnight) in the fridge. Strain.
3. Add 1 tbsp of caramel syrup to the cold brew. Beat in a blender.
4. Separately from the coffee mixture, mix the half & half, vanilla syrup, and the rest of the caramel sauce in a blender or French press to make a sweet cream cold foam. You can add a pinch of sea salt as well if you want.
5. Pour ice cubes into a glass for serving and add cold coffee. Just before serving the drink, pour in the cold foam. Stir or froth before drinking.
- For a dairy-free/vegan version, you can swap the half-and-half for an almond, coconut, or oat base half-and-half. Or you can replace it with almond milk (or any dairy-free milk) mixed with canned coconut milk.
- If you aren’t a caffeine fan, you can use decaf coffee when making your cold brew.
- You can use sugar-free caramel and vanilla syrup if you want to have less sugar.
- If you don’t have a blender or French press, you can shake your salted cold foam up in a tightly sealed container/mason jar.
What does salted caramel cream cold brew have in it?
This salted caramel cream cold brew recipe has cold brew coffee, half-and-half, caramel sauce, and vanilla syrup in it.
Is salted caramel cream cold brew sweet?
The original Starbucks® salted caramel cream cold brew is super sweet because they add extra sweeteners. This recipe has fewer sweeteners so I think it’s the perfect level of sweetness. Of course, if you don’t find this recipe sweet enough, you can add sugar or more syrup.
Are you supposed to mix the salted caramel cold brew?
There are no rules! If you want to drink the cold foam before the coffee then don’t mix it, but if you want the coffee to be sweetened with the cold foam then mix it. Or you could drink a little cold foam and then mix it all together after!
Can you make this drink dairy-free?
Absolutely! Just swap the half-and-half for a dairy-free version. Some brands that sell dairy-free milk have started selling dairy-free half-and-half which would be perfect for this recipe! You could also substitute the half-and-half for dairy-free milk mixed with canned coconut milk (because canned coconut milk is thick like cream).
Can I use hot brewed coffee?
You absolutely can, it’ll just be more bitter than the cold brew. If that doesn’t bother you then go for it! But if you don’t enjoy bitter coffee, stick to the cold brew or add extra milk and sweeteners to your hot brew.
How can I make my own cold brew at home?
Brew freshly ground coffee with cold water in a ratio of 1:4. In this recipe, you’ll need 1 cup of cold brew so use about 1/4 cup of coffee grounds with 1 cup of water. Rest for a day (or at least overnight) in the refrigerator. Strain and use.
Other Coffee Drinks
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
Delicious Starbucks® inspired recipe.
- 2.5 tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
- 0.5 cup half & half
- Brew freshly ground coffee with cold water in a ratio of 1:4, without heating.
- Rest overnight in the refrigerator. Strain.
- Add 1 tbsp of caramel syrup and beat in a blender.
- Separately mix well the half & half, vanilla syrup, and the rest of the caramel sauce in a blender or in a French press. You will get a cold sweet foam.
- Pour ice into a glass for serving and add cold coffee. Just before serving add the cold foam. Stir before drinking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.