Happy weekend, friends!
Wanna a cheap and quick fall craft that makes a great farmhouse-type decoration for your house?
These are nothing new, we didn't invent them. They're all over Pinterest. We just jumped on the bandwagon and gave them our own little twist.
Quick Mason Jar Lid Pumpkins
Honestly my girls and I whipped up these two pumpkins this morning in about 5 minutes. I had several lids from the last batch of mason/canning jars that I bought to make our pastel over gold mason jars this summer. I also had a whole new case of mason jars that I picked up for Thanksgiving. I plan to use them on the table with those pretty daisy punched lids and stripey straws, which made the ring lids that came with pretty useless.
- mason jar / canning jar ring lids
- glue gun and glue
- Line up as many ring lids as you want for each pumpkin. We used 10 for each pumpkin. Have them all “face” the same direction.
- String them onto your…what else?…string.
- Pull the string tight and tie a couple of knots.
- Fan out lids evenly. This makes your pumpkin shape.
- “Squirt” hot glue down into the center between the lids, adding stick to mimic a stem. Then add a little hot glue around the stick and cover with moss while the glue is hot.
These little gems are perfect to pair with something rustic or organic, like rattan or burlap.
Do you have any spare canning jar lids laying around? Why not make a little pumpkin or two?
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!