Hello friends! Welcome to day three of Barn Door Week! Yesterday we showed you how to get the same grey wash finish we created on our barn door. Today we're giving you the goods on how to recreate our fabulous industrial pipe fitting handle.
Part of the charm of our DIY Barn Door and DIY Barn Door Track That Won't Break the Bank is this Pipe Fitting Handle. Follow the instructions below to make your own!
How to Make Pipe Fitting Handles
- fitting black iron floor flange 1″ qty=4
- fitting black iron 90 degree elbow 1″ qty=4
- black steel pipe nipple 1″ x close qty=4
- black steel pipe nipple 1″ x 16″ long qty=2
- #12 x 1-1/4″ long screws qty=16
1. Twist one black steel pipe nipple 1″ x close into one fitting black iron floor flange 1″.
2. Add one fitting black iron 90 degree elbow 1″ to nipple.
3. Attach black steel pipe nipple 1″ x 16″ long to 90 degree elbow from step 2.
4. Twist one black steel pipe nipple 1″ x close onto 16″ long steel pipe from step 3.
5. Attach one fitting black iron floor flange 1″ to other end of black steel pipe nipple 1″ x close from step 4.
6. Repeat Steps 1-5 for second handle. See photo above for a visual aid. Set both handles aside until door is assembled.
Click on the links below to be taken to each step to build your own DIY Barn Door and DIY Barn Door Track That Won't Break the Bank!
- Instructions for Grey Wash Wood Finish
- Pipe Fitting Handle Instructions (YOU ARE HERE!)
- Sliding Barn Door Plans
Or click here for our original Upcycled Barn Door Reveal.
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!