Although it’s not inherently a fall dessert, this homemade peach coffee cake is absolutely the best coffee cake ever! Plus, technically the colors are still very autumnal!
At the time I’m writing this, it’s smack dab in the middle of pumpkin spice everything. Coffee, lattes, cookies, pies, cakes. You name it, it’s pumpkin spice season right now. But, as much as I love a great slice of gluten free pumpkin pie, I think there’s room for a little of everything. Maybe even another fruit. Like the peaches in this homemade peach coffee cake? Yes, I think peach coffee cake would be very tasty! And hey, at least the colors still match the season, right?!
- 2 cups all purpose flour, (or gluten free all-purpose flour blend)
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk, (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream, (or non-dairy sour cream alternative)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter – softened, (or non-dairy alternative)
- 1 egg, (or egg replacer)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 29 oz canned peaches – drained or 2 cups of fresh peaches sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2/3 cup flour, (or gluten free all-purpose flour blend)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter – softened, (or non-dairy alternative)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp milk, (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a springform pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside
- In another bowl, combine the milk, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the sliced peaches and pour the batter into your pan.
Prepare the Crumb Topping
- In a small bowl, add the sugar and molasses, mix until crumbly. Chop the butter into chunks and pour into the bowl. Add your flour and using a fork, cut the butter until the mixture is chunky and crumbly.
- Add crumble topping to top of batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, test with a toothpick and it’s done when your toothpick is clean.
Prepare the Glaze
- Mix the powdered sugar, milk and cinnamon well to make the glaze.
- Pour glaze over the cake after it’s cooled. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 103gFiber: 3gSugar: 56gProtein: 10g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
Plus the standard ingredients will swap out really well with non-dairy and gluten free alternatives if you have those sensitivities in your house like we do.
And just for fun a few moodier photos of this delicious homemade peach coffee cake. ‘Cause, well, yummy food!
Have you ever made coffee cake? Are you a stickler for only pumpkin everything at this time of year? Or do you have room for other fruit too? 😉
Today I’m excited to be joining a group of 25 other bloggers who are also sharing a fabulous fall recipe with you today! Hop around to see what other delicious ideas they’ve come up with…
Easiest Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup at The Happy Housie
Hearty Sausage and Lentil Soup at In My Own Style
Zuppa Toscana Soup at Somewhat Simple
Butternut Squash and Quinoa Chili at Town and Country Living
Gluten Free Gnocchi with Butternut Squash, Sausage and Arugula at Willow Street Interiors
Easy Vegan Cranberry Cream Cheese Loaf and Almond Crackers at Zevy Joy
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies at Jenna Kate at Home
Mini Lemon Cranberry Cakes with Ginger Drizzle at Sincerely Marie, Designs
Absolutely the Best Homemade Peach Coffee Cake at Home Made Lovely
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread at Taryn Whiteaker Designs
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Crepes at TIDBITS Cami
Chocolate Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bars at Clean and Scentsible
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds at Finding Silver Pennies
Pumpkin Pie French Toast Bake at A Pretty Life
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte at Hallstrom Home
Apple Cider Margarita at Rooms FOR Rent
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake at TIDBITS Marci
Mini Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting at Satori Design for Living
Easiest Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake at Inspiration for Moms
Whitney’s Pumpkin Muffins at Amber Tysl
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip at The Turquoise Home
Old Fashioned Apple Crisp at Modern Glam
Pumpkin Pie and Cheesecake Popsicles at Paint Me Pink
Mini Apple Tart with Custard at Happy Happy Nester
Pumpkin Cream Puffs at Life is a Party
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting at Nina Hendrick Design Co.