This post contains affiliate links & photos. See our full disclosure here.
These patriotic rice cereal treats are super easy to make – and can be customized for either Canada Day or the Fourth of July just by changing the food coloring and sprinkles!
Talk about fun and flexible! Make these patriotic rice cereal treats for any holiday – Canada Day, Fourth of July, Memorial Day, etc. – just by changing the color of the sprinkles, ribbons and food coloring!
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 20 large marshmallows
- 3 cups rice cereal
- 2 small drops blue gel food coloring
- red and blue sprinkles
- star cookie cutter
- lollipop sticks
- Coat a square pan generously with butter.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and then add marshmallows. Allow to melt completely then remove from heat.
- Add in blue gel food coloring and mix until marshmallow mixture is completely colored.
- Pat the cereal treat mixture evenly into your coated pan. Top with sprinkles and pat down some more (so that the sprinkles stay in place). Allow the cereal treats to set.
- Using a star cookie cutter, cut out cereal treats into the shape of stars (save the scraps and enjoy them!).
- Insert a lollipop stick at the bottom and enjoy the festivities!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
Want another patriotic fun food? Check out our patriotic poke cake recipe!