Rustic farmhouse style for spring! Pastel over gold painted mason jars that can even be used as vases.
I know that I know that I know that I'm not the first blogger to paint a mason jar. But I also know that I adore the look of rustic pastel-colored painted mason jars! Aren't they so sweet? For my jars, I wanted to be able to use them as vases (which meant no spray paint on the inside) but I also wanted a little bit of gold bling to show through too. Tricky!
Pastel Over Gold Painted Mason Jars
- Mason jars
- Spray-on primer
- Gold spray paint
- Pastel colored acrylic craft paint
- Foam brushes
- Paper plate (to squeeze craft paint onto)
1. Spray the outside of the mason jar with primer. Let dry.
2. Spray paint the outside of mason jar with gold spray paint. Let dry and cure.
3. Using foam brushes paint a thin coat of pastel craft paint over cured gold spray paint. Let dry.
4. Repeat until desired opacity is reached. Let dry.
5. Lightly sand to distress and allow the gold to show through. Don't sand too hard or the gold will come off too!
And then all you have to do is find a really cute place to display your new pastel and gold mason jars!
What do you think? Have you painted any mason jars lately?
Let's Hang Out!
Sign up for our newsletters to get the latest from Home Made Lovely! We'll brighten up your inbox with doable decorating ideas, crafts and DIY projects you can make and delish recipes for your family. Get it all delivered to your inbox, plus tips and tools for adding a little creativity to your life!