These melt-in-your-mouth Paleo Shortbread Cookies have only 4 ingredients & are ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for a cookie exchange or to bake with your kids!
Shortbread cookies are a holiday staple. But if you’re watching what you eat, you may not want all those grains and refined sugars. These melt-in-your-mouth paleo shortbread cookies have only 4 ingredients and are ready in just 20 minutes. Bonus: Santa loves them!
- ½ cup of Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil, chilled
- 2 tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet with silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut flour and chilled coconut oil in a bowl. With a pastry blender, or a fork or with your hands, mix thoroughly, till the coconut flour looks like wet sand and clumps when tightly squeezed.
- Add the maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, cream it together till it forms a smooth dough.
- Divide dough into nine parts. Rolls each part into a smooth ball. Flatten with the back of a fork, making a crisscross pattern. (Just like when making peanut butter cookies.)
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let it cool in the cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then finish cooling in a wire rack.
- Serve immediately and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Instead of doing it by a pastry blender or fork, you can use a food processor to make the cookie dough.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
Want to try another gluten free shortbread cookie? Try these easy gluten free shortbread cookies made with white chocolate and toffee!