This paleo peppermint bark recipe uses dried cranberries (in place of crushed candy canes) for a fun, festive, delicious and guilt free treat.
Go to any store and peppermint bark is EVERYWHERE. If you are like me and can inhale a big bag of peppermint barks in 5 minutes, you know how difficult it is to resist the temptation to grab one. So – don’t! This paleo peppermint bark recipe uses chocolate chips, coconut butter, peppermint extract (but of course!) and dried cranberries (in place of crushed candy canes) for a fun, festive, delicious and guilt free treat.
Paleo Peppermint Bark
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips Enjoy Life brand is Paleo
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 cup Coconut Butter melted
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Pure Peppermint Extract
- ¼ cup Dried Cranberries chopped
- Line an 8x 8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper, ensuring that about 2 inch of parchment is hanging from the edges.
- In a microwavable cup or bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 45 to 60 seconds, stirring in between, till it is melted.
- Mix in ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Pour it in the prepared pan and let it chill in the fridge for 15 minutes, or till it is hardened.
- Meanwhile, place the jar of coconut butter in pot of simmering water to melt it, about 5 minutes.
- Once melted, measure a cup of it and add the maple syrup and ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract. Mix well.
- Pour over the chilled chocolate layer and spread it well.
- Evenly sprinkle the chopped cranberries and let if chill again for another 15 to 30 minutes.
- Cut or break it in to pieces and enjoy.
- Store the leftover in the fridge in a sealed container.
Doesn’t it look delicious?
Have you ever tried to make paleo peppermint bark before?