This Orange Hot Chocolate recipe tastes just like having a chocolate orange in a mug!
I just love sitting down with a steaming mug of hot chocolate when it’s cold outside. I also enjoy trying different flavors of hot chocolate. Flavors like mint, or butterscotch. Or this Orange Hot Chocolate recipe, that tastes just like having a chocolate orange in a mug!
Orange Hot Chocolate
Much like our other hot chocolate recipes, this orange hot chocolate can be made using your choice of milk. Maybe try it with almond, coconut, rice or soy milk? Plus this hot chocolate is made with fresh oranges, so there is nothing artificial about this yummy winter drink!
- 3 orange peels
- 1 orange slice
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 c choice of milk
- 2 tbs sugar
- In a saucepan on low heat, steep orange peels and orange slice in milk for about 3-5 min.
- Add cocoa powder and sugar and mix until combined. Discard orange slice and peels.
- Pour into a mug and garnish with marshmallows or whipped cream and orange slices.
- *Adjust to your liking...add more or less cocoa powder or sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 11g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily via Nutrifox.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
If you like this recipe, you can see more of our hot chocolate recipe variations:
- Butterscotch Hot Chocolate
- Orange Hot Chocolate (you are here)
- Coconut Rum Hot Cocoa
- Thin Mint Hot Chocolate
- And for fun, why not add these Hot Chocolate Pretzel Sticks to your hot chocolate?!
- And learn how to make your own holiday hot chocolate bar here.