Want a no-bake, easy to make, fun dessert? Try these no-bake cake pops / no-bake cake balls!
If I told you these were no-bake, made in the microwave, and only (4) main ingredients (none of which are eggs, milk, or oil). Would you believe me? Well see for yourself! These cake pops, are so easy, but they will look like you spent hours in the kitchen. Perfect for any occasion. You can decorate these sweet treats any way you like. For the holidays, birthdays, classroom parties, and more! Be sure to share this great recipe, and let me know below how you plan to decorate yours. Have fun!
The best part of this is that you could absolutely make it gluten free too! Just switch out the cake mix for a gluten free cake mix and the cookie crumbs for crushed up gluten free cookies!
- 12 oz. of Mountain Dew or 1 Can
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix
- 1 Container of Vanilla Icing
- Mini Chocolate Chips, optional
- Cookie Crumbs, optional
- 2 Large Bags of Candy Wafers, I chose vanilla and chocolate.
- Place your cake mix and Mountain Dew into a mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Pour into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 minutes (for most microwaves).
- Poke a toothpick into the center of the cake to insure it is done. It should come out clean.
- Next, place a small amount of frosting (about one large spoon full) into the bowl. The less frosting you use the dryer your pops will be (more cake-like consistency).
- If you chose to add chocolate chips, dump a hand full or two in the bowl as well. Same concept as the frosting, less is more. This will just add more of a chocolate taste.
- Using a fork, begin breaking up your cake and blending all ingredients together.
- Once all ingredients are well blended, using your hands, roll a small amount of batter into a firm ball.
- Continue this process until all the batter is gone.
- If you chose to use sticks, place those in the top of each ball.
- Now lay plastic wrap or foil over your cake pops, and refridgerate for 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Once refrigerated, place your candy wafers into a microwave safe bowl and follow instructions on bag for melting. Usually 15 second intervals, until fully melted.
- Time to decorate!
- Now dip each individual cake pop into your melted chocolate and place on a plate for cooling.
- After you dip each one, you can add cookie crumbs, or mini chocolate chips at this time. Before chocolate hardens.
- Once all cake balls are dipped, place in the fridge until chocolate is hardened.
- If your chose to drizzle chocolate over your pops, you can do so now. Just place back in the fridge to harden second layer.
Serve and enjoy! Makes about 15 cake balls.
You can either leave the sticks in for no-bake cake pops or remove them for no-bake cake pops!
Have you ever made cake balls or cake pops? Did you know it could be so easy?!